AutoAp, Inc.’s Privacy and Security Policy
1. WHAT INFORMATION AUTOAP COLLECTS AND WHY
• Account Registration and Profile Information: For the best user experience, you may be asked to provide certain personally identifiable information including but not limited to your name, email address, and zip code, as well as your vehicle information (i.e., pictures, year, make, model, and style), when you create an account and register to use the Solutions and Company Services. You have the option of providing more or less information, depending on whether you maintain an “anonymous” account, create an account, or register an account. Each successive account level affords you more features and improves the buying / selling match process. We not display your mobile number or email address, but other parties may use these modes of contact to communicate with you, to facilitate buyer/seller matching. Account information is password-protected, so please keep your password safe. The Company does not maintain records of your password, but will provide a method for you to change it, if you lose it.
• Log File Information: When you access the Solution or Company Services, we may retain log entries relating to these requests which may include IP address, browser type, browser language, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account. Web logs and other records are stored indefinitely but will only be used to create a better service for users.
2. INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
• Service Providers: AutoAp may disclose personally identifiable information to contractors, service providers, and third parties we use to support our business.
• Law: AutoAp may release personally identifiable information, registration information, or location information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws or to respond to a court order, subpoena or search warrant.
• Protection: AutoAp reserves the right to disclose personally identifiable information, registration information or other information in order to take precautions against liability, protect users from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses, to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, to collect fees due by users, or to protect the security and integrity of the Solutions or Company Services
• Business Transfers: AutoAp may disclose your personally identifiable information to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of AutoAp’s assets, whether as a going concern or as a part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by AutoAp about our users is among the assets transferred.
• Non-Private or Non-Personal Information: AutoAp may share or disclose your non-private, aggregated, or otherwise obfuscated non-personal information, such as the number of visits to your profile page, without your permission.
3. INFORMATION SECURITY AND THIRD PARTY PRIVACY PRACTICES We take appropriate and industry-standard security measures to protect against unauthorized access to your data. These include internal reviews of our systems, industry-standard SSL encryption, and appropriate physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to physical systems where we store data. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Solutions, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we make good faith efforts to store the data in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee complete security of your personal information. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Solutions. We are not responsible for, nor have any control over, the privacy policies of any third parties, and encourage all users to read the privacy policies of each and every website or third party sites visited.
4. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY The Solutions and/or Company Services are NOT intended for use by persons under 16 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16. IF YOU ARE UNDER 16 YEARS OF AGE, THEN PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS THE SOLUTIONS OR COMPANY SERVICES AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER. If the Company determines that personally identifiable information of persons under 13 has been collected, then the Company will remove the information from our systems. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please alert us at.
5. INTERNATIONAL USERS By using the Solutions and/or Company Services and providing us with data, you acknowledge and agree that due to the international dimension of the Solutions and Company Services, we may use the data collected in the course of our relationship for the purposes identified in this policy or in our other communications with you, including the transmission of information outside your resident jurisdiction. In addition, please understand that such data may be stored on servers located inside and outside the United States. By providing us with your data, you consent to the transfer of such data.
6. CHANGES AND UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY AND SECURITY POLICY This privacy notice may be revised at any time without further notice to you, and this will be reflected by the “last modified” date at the bottom of the page. Please visit this page to be aware of changes to this policy. Your continued use of the Solutions or Company Services constitutes your acceptance of this policy. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ personal information, we will make a reasonable effort to notify you via e-mail’. You will always have the opportunity to deactivate your account, should any changes not meet with your approval. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable e-mail address for you, and for periodically visiting our Solutions and this Privacy and Security Policy to check for any changes.
7. CONTACT INFORMATION To ask questions or comment about this Privacy and Security Policy and our privacy practices, contact us at: AutoAp, Inc. 15455 NW Greenbrier Parkway, Suite 140 Beaverton, OR 97006 Email: legal (=at=) autoap (=dot=) com You can visit our company website for additional contact information.
8. EFFECTIVE DATE / DATE LAST MODIFIED This Privacy and Security Policy was last modified on March 31, 2014.